Shipped Two Paintings

 Today was a sad one, I shipped two paintings to their new owner. 

Divine Wisdom, oil on 12 x 16 wood panel

Sunday Morning Sun, oil on 12 x 16 wood panel

I read a book recently, Ignore Everybody by Hugh MacLeod. MacLeod says to not get into a business where you sell the things you love. This is pretty close; I really loved that Pinocchio painting, so it was hard to slip it into a box and ship it. On the other hand, it feels like I fall in love with every painting I complete, they are all hard to part with. When Picasso died, he had thousands of artworks in storage in his house and elsewhere. He didn't need to sell so he simply held onto things. I don't have storage, so I need to keep things moving. To date, I have sold 37 paintings which isn't bad since only one of them was sold to a stranger. I think that might be it for my sales to friends and family. Time to take the next step.

Keep Painting! 



Comments

Popular Posts