USA 107

USA 107, 20x24 Oil on Wood Panel, 2024

This is the second maritime painting I have done in a couple of months. I feel I should continue as I managed to complete this one in two sessions with just a few 5 minute "fixing" sessions that were primarily dedicated to changing the look of the people in the boats. Doing a painting quickly isn't necessarily a good thing but I think a fast painting better represents what I would like to achieve. This one took around 10 hours but required using some self-control as I did not want to overwork things. I wanted to retain the individual brushstrokes and not blend. I also decided to leave just a hint of the burnt umber underpainting to retain that alla prima look.

I plan to show it during the Pioneer Square Art Walk on October 3rd. I will already be featuring 20 other paintings during the September 5th art walk, but this one will still be too wet to frame, and I would like to show it in the frame that inspired me to do the painting. I am sure other artists do this-- find a frame and then think of a painting. Here is the painting with the frame in a mockup. 


I am excited to see if it can find a buyer. Right now, I feel it's one of my best pieces. 

Come and view the show on either September 3rd or October 5th. 



Comments

Popular Posts