October 2023 Art Show

It's been a full week some my second annual art show on October 21. The house was filled with 56 people that seemed to enjoy my efforts. If you have read any artist biographies, there is always some mention of the artist's first gallery show and how they failed to sell a single painting. This was my second show and I managed to sell 7 paintings which was a couple less than my first show.  

Going Home, 12 x 24 oil on wood panel 

Divine Wisdom, oil on 12 x 16 wood panel

Water Lily, oil on 10 x 10 wood panel 

Grass I, oil on 10 x 10 wood panel 

Sunday Morning Sun, oil on 12 x 16 wood panel

Spanish Mackerel, oil on 9 x 12 wood panel 

Moo, oil on 11 x 14 canvas sheet

I think I am now dealing with a saturated market. How many paintings can I expect my family and friends to buy? The next step in this effort will be to get my paintings into a public place such as a cafe or gallery. That will require doing some selling as I am sure cafe owners are constantly approached by artists wanting to display their art. Getting into a gallery will be even harder unless I opt for a "pay-to-play" situation. It's clear I will have to go that route to sell more which will push me to paint more. 

Keep Painting! 

Comments

Popular Posts