Green Lantern

 

Green Lantern, 2024, 40x30 oil on canvas

I finished Green Lantern today although it was officially done earlier in the week. As is usual, I had to go in and repaint one of the cinder blocks and add a slight reddish reflection in front of two of the chair legs. I think it looks ready to sell particularly after adding a frame. 

The idea for this painting came from a red chair some friends have in their house in Brazil. I saw it there sitting as more of a piece of sculpture than a chair you would actually sit in. I took a picture of it and started thinking about it again a few weeks ago. When I saw the chair a few years ago there was no tortoise sitting on it but there was a tortoise making its way around the house. It made an impression on me because I would see it in one spot and then a few minutes later it would be gone and if I looked for it would be on the other side of the room. It was constantly walking around and getting underfoot. When I contacted the owner a several weeks ago about sending me a photo of the tortoise in the chair, I was told it was hibernating. They contacted me again a few weeks later and told me the tortoise was back in action. They put the tortoise in the chair took a picture and sent it over. Here is the result. 

I should add that it's called Green Lantern because that's its name. 

Keep painting!

Comments

Popular Posts