Back at It

 I have been a bit lazy about updating my blog. I keep asking myself why I am doing this if there are so few people reading what I am writing. (Note: If you are reading this, you are a part of a very elite group of people that will be privy to my thoughts on painting and what I am working on.) Why blog when there are so few readers? The main reason is to have a dialogue with myself. What does that mean? I can write things down in my journals, I have three of those going, or I can write things here where there is a chance someone will read it. If there is a chance someone is reading this, I have to be more diligent and focused. I am trying to communicate something. I will need to use my words and complete my thoughts. 

This blog will be focused on what am I painting (post the photo of the painting), why I painted it, and what do I think about the result? Reading that statement makes me think that is a good format as in I will answer those three questions when I post a painting:

          1. What did I paint?

          2. Why did I paint it?

          3. Did I achieve what I intended?  

As I look at the above list, it makes me think I will only post something as a painting is completed. That's not the case. 

I just read Ignore Everybody and 39 Other Keys to Creativity by Hugh MacLeod: 

Key 37 is: Start Blogging. This book came out in 2009, 14 years ago, when I guess blogging was extremely popular. It's still a great thing. Imagine! I can write this and you, my five subscribers, can also read it.

So, here goes! This is the reboot of GBS Review. I will need to do around 10 posts to get caught up on what I have been painting. 

Keep Working!


Comments

Popular Posts