Peaches

 Here is my fourth recent still life:

Peaches, 10x10 oil on wood panel

As I was painting this, I considered adding several more elements such as a clock to the right of the window, and a female figure's arm extending into the frame on the left. I know that green space doesn't scream window looking out on trees, but that's what it is. I was thinking the painting should suggest a story to the viewer but then thought it would take away from the simplicity of the peaches. I still want to try the story idea however subtle it might be. The clock, for example, could suggest the passing of time and how we need to act today--eat your fresh peach today as tomorrow may never come. Maybe I will throw some symbolism into my next painting which will be of a slice of watermelon on an 8x6 oil on wood panel. 

Keep Working!

Comments

Popular Posts