By the Sea

 

By the Sea, 30x40 inch oil on canvas, September 2024

Another painting ready to show. I just need to frame it, and it will be ready to show at 210 Seattle (210 S Washington St. in Seattle) during the October 3rd Pioneer Square Art Walk. 

I wanted to do something large that bordered on the abstract. With a few changes this could be abstract, but I think it totally says dark clouds above sand dunes in a tropical place. In this case, the tropical place is Florianópolis in southern Brazil. I was fortunate to visit there several years ago. This scene is based on a photo I took as walked across the dunes to a beach a mile or so from where we were staying. It was an amazing experience. The beach was several miles long and faced the Atlantic Ocean. I would love to return and spend a month just wandering from beach to beach. 

Here is kind of a basic view of the dunes and Praia da Joaquina. Kind of a nice place to spend a couple of months.  



Comments

Popular Posts